PTA Meeting Minutes
August 5, 2019
Attendees: Rochelle Hunt, Herschel Hill, Heidi Ford, McKell Clark, Stacy Karkula, Holly Harward, Melissa Lane, Tonja Mast, Melissa Warrick, Kelly Bellini, Jucia Hernandez, Rebeka Knowlton, Rachel Kidman, Laurie Trujillo, Jill Hawkins, Amanda Green, Laura Bautista
Meeting started at 10:39 A.M. with the Pledge of Allegiance
No minutes to be approved. General meeting to approve budget for school year 2019-2020
– Went over the expected budget for next year.
– Heidi approved and Jill seconded the motion. Everyone else approved the budget.
Melissa (Discussed a few items):
– New state law requires all volunteers to watch a 13 minute video. This needs to be done before you are allowed to enter the double doors. This should be sent out soon.
– August 28-29 are SEP Conferences. Bring your kids. PTA usually does one dinner and the school will do the other. PTA to meet to decide on this.
– New testing is done the first week of school, all students have half days to accommodate this.
– Testing will take ~25-30 minutes and will be scheduled by parents.
– Our school is piloting a new math app, Redbird.
– Meet the Teachers on Friday (August 9th). Last names A-M will meet from 1-1:30. Last names N-Z will meet from 2-2:30.
– T-shirts & sweatshirts will be available for students to purchase at Meet the Teachers
– Adult shirts will be there to try on but will need to be special ordered
– T-shirts are $10, Sweatshirts are $15, PTA members will be $5 but they still need to pay the $5 membership
– Volunteers are needed
– Voted on sponsors to get discounted and free t-shirts
– Heidi motioned, Holly seconded, all approved
Jill & Rochelle (Reading):
– 4th and 5th grade will be doing reading different than the other grades
– 2 field trips and then the color run at the end of the year with the other grades
– K-3 will be the same as last year
Melissa (More business):
– Share table during lunch will now be started. This will allow kids that brought home lunch to have more food if necessary. Holly will help with this.
– Resource Officer (Mike) was introduced at the meeting. He is stationed at Tonaquint but at Bloomington often.
Herschel (PTA Meetings for this school year): It was discussed whether the meeting would be Wednesday at 9:30, Tuesday at 2:15 or Monday at 9:45. Majority ruled that meetings will be on Monday at 9:45 A.M. for the school year. The next meeting will be September 9th at 9:45 A.M.
Herschel wanted to remind everyone that a few forms need to be signed for PTA if you didn’t get a chance to sign it please get with Herschel.
Rochelle will get a treat for those that sign up for PTA at Meet the Teachers.
Meeting adjourned at 11:35 A.M.
September 9, 2019
Attendees: Rochelle Hunt, Herschel Hill, Heidi Ford, McKell Clark, Stacy Karkula, Holly Harward, Melissa Lane, Tonja Mast, Melissa Warrick, Bekka Knowlton, Taunie Bowden, Jill Hawkins, Amanda Green, Melisa Chappell, Camielle Hamlin, Steph Strickland, Kathy McCook, Tara Coughlin, Aditi Aromi
Meeting started at 9:47 A.M. with the Pledge of Allegiance.
– Minutes approved by Stacy and Kathy seconded the motion. Everyone else approved the minutes.
– Went over August budget.
– Jill approved and Taunie seconded the motion. Everyone else approved the budget.
Jill (Reading Program):
– 4th and 5th graders are very excited about the reading program this year.
– Talked about budget for reading program.
– Not 100% sure what the cost will be since it is based on participation.
– One of the reading program prizes is a free book.
– Kellog’s gives a free book with your receipt until the end of September and the book must be chosen by December.
– There is a limit of 10/household but if anyone would like to do this and donate the books to the reading program that would be great.
Herschel (Old Business):
– Mrs. Bautista is the PTA volunteer coordinator so get a hold of her to help out.
– Membership is up this year for PTA.
– PTA used a program called Member Hub and we will need to start using it this year, Rochelle will work on this and you may receive an email about it once she has added the members.
– This year we are doing a Jog-A-Thon for our fundraiser.
– The forms for this will be sent out on Sept. 23.
– It will happen on Oct. 4th.
– It will be done in increments.
– Oct. 11th will be the deadline to collect money.
– Prizes will be awarded based off of who gets the most money.
– Bekka has sponsors helping with most things but will need volunteers to bring coolers, water, and popsicles.
– Volunteers are also needed on Oct. 4th from 8:30-1:00.
– A PDF and a paper copy will be sent out for reflections. These are due Oct. 8th.
– The theme is: Look Within.
– There will also be an assembly for reflections, date to be determined.
Herschel & Melissa Lane (Free Assembly):
– There will be a free assembly given to the school which will cover safety.
– There will be a day for the school to participate in bike/walk to school.
– The school will sponsor this.
– Treasure Cove is Oct. 10th.
– Picture day is Sept. 11th (no volunteers needed).
Meet the Masters
– Training is on Sept. 20th.
– Assembly is on Sept. 23rd.
Next PTA Meeting is Oct. 7th in the gym @9:45 A.M.
Herschel also mentioned that no volunteers are needed for vision screening this year.
Meeting adjourned at 10:20 A.M.
October 7, 2019
Attendees: Rochelle Hunt, Herschel Hill, Heidi Ford, Stacy Karkula, Holly Harward, Melissa Lane, Tonja Mast, Taunie Bowden, Melisa Chappell, Camielle Hamlin, Steph Strickland, Mark Rane
Meeting started at 9:45 A.M. with the Pledge of Allegiance
Holly did reverence.
– Minutes approved by Holly and Stacy seconded the motion. Everyone else approved the minutes
– Went over September budget
– Heidi approved and Steph seconded the motion. Everyone else approved the budget.
Melissa (Guest & Wellness)
– Introduced Nate Esplin from the district.
– Nate went over the strategic plan
– Discussed student safety, which includes mental health
– Working on adding wellness centers to schools
– Safety doors are being added if they aren’t already
– Reading assessments
– Interventions or enrichments have been added based off of the reading assessments
– Growth management
– Our district is growing quickly
– Two new elementaries will be built eventually
– Mrs. Felstead has been hired as the counselor for Bloomington. She will be working 4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
– The wellness center will be a part of her office
– This year the district has added a short film that is shown at the beginning and end of the day.
Mark Rane (Meet the Masters):
– The parent training is this Friday at 9:30 A.M.
Herschel (Old Business):
– The Jog-a-thon money is due this Friday so we do not know how much was raised yet.
– Reflections are due on October 15th any questions contact Kathy McCook
Camielle (Treasure Cove):
– Volunteers are needed so if you are interested contact Camielle.
– Treasure Cove is this Thursday (October 10th)
There was no new business this meeting.
– Oct. 10 – Treasure Cove
– Oct. 11 – Jog-a-thon money is due & Meet the Masters Parent Training @ 9:30
– Oct. 17-18 – Fall Break
– Oct. 25 – 4th & 5th grade book reports are due
– Oct. 28 – Nov. 1st – Red Ribbon Week
Meeting adjourned at 10:14 A.M.