Growth Mindset: December
We Love A Challenge!
December’s Mindset mantra is “We Love A Challenge!” Finding and relishing a challenge is one of the cornerstones of the growth mindset, so offering sufficiently challenging work is critical in developing a growth-oriented classroom. If perseverance, grit, and tenacity are the building blocks of a growth mindset, we must give our students opportunities to hone these qualities. Teachers will be focusing on factors in practice (climate, input, output and feedback). Students will be given the following weekly “What” challenges and will be asked to share their experiences during lunch.
- What did you do today that made you think hard?
- What happened today that made you keep on going?
- What can you learn from this?
- What did you try hard at today?
- What will you do to improve your work?
- What will you do to solve your problems?